Why Hire a Estate ProfessionalFebruary 24, 2017
The purchase and sale of property will most commonly account for the highest amount of capital spent within the average persons lifetime. Hiring a full-time professional to assist with these transactions is not only a smart investment in itself, but there are many reasons to work with a trained professional. Here are some reasons why:
- Real Estate Professionals are highly trained — Real Estate Professionals in Ontario are intensely trained through the Ontario Real Estate College and are required to participate in ongoing continuing education to maintain their license. Thus ensuring that Realtors® are educated and armed with the most recent content.
- Regulated — Real Estate Professionals are Provincially regulated through the Real Estate Council of Ontario and Federally through the Canadian Real Estate Association. Both bodies enforce a professional level of knowledge with a specific code of ethics tailored to the real estate profession.
- Network of Agents — Real Estate Professionals are working with similar associates every day. Discussing market activity, current and upcoming listings and informing colleague’s of what their buyers may be looking for is a daily activity. Hiring a full-time Realtor® with an established group of professionals within their network is extremely beneficial to the success of any buyer or seller.
- Experience — Every purchase and sale is very unique. There are always different sellers & buyers & associated professionals involved. Each home itself comes with it’s own list of benefits and concerns. Working with an experienced Realtor® will only help assist in a smooth transaction & therefore create an enjoyable experience. I often share my stats with my clients. My goal is for them to feel confident with my exposure & service.
- Knowledge of the Market — Working with a full-time real estate professional who is actively involved in market activities will serve you well. Your Realtor® will provide both research and knowledge of the most current market facts and trends. The goal is to supply the best information so that the client feels they have been well informed when making important decisions.
- Access to the MLS® — Whether you are buying or selling, access to the MLS® is crucial. When listing a home, the exposure you receive through listing with a real estate professional is one of the most important gains. Receiving MLS® exposure aids in a quicker sale and a higher price. Buyers benefit via online portals and can receive new listings prior to their being publicly published on the MLS®. This is extremely important in fast seller’s markets when buyers are required to act quick.
- Objective Outlook — It is common for all of us to form an emotional attachment to our homes. In many cases, we are not even aware until the time comes to sell and we are faced with many challenges. This is known as subjective thinking. A professional real estate representative will respect your feelings and tactfully discuss the objective facts. This further assists in protecting your interests.
- Database of Clients — Real estate professionals build portfolio’s of past & present clients and a caring agent will keep in touch. This can involve market updates or simply keeping their clients informed. Working with an organized Realtor® will assist in both productivity & a greater reach which in turn will benefit you & your goals.
- Assist With Every Step — The rules and documents are continually evolving as the market changes & it is important that we grow and adapt accordingly. Hiring a Realtor® will allow you access to the most recent protocol. It is important to work with a professional who will guide you through every step of the way; from the initial “hello” to celebrating a job well done. Your overall comfort and experience will thank you in the end.
- Service after the Sale —I genuinely enjoy interactions with my clients. Keeping in touch is fun for me and very fulfilling as a professional. I provide a service after the sale. The foundation is built around a wonderful relationship and providing the best possible care during a purchase or sale, but it does not stop there. I routinely send interesting information, market updates and neighbourhood insights. I am always available with a list of handy professionals and mortgage representatives to assist as your needs change.
Wishing you nothing but Good Luck with your real estate dreams. Please call or email anytime if I can help.